Rhythm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Music Maker
Gallery

Post your Build Empty
Latest topics
» ilawa hotele
Post your Build EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:55 pm by Guest

» pokoje lwów
Post your Build EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:07 am by Guest

» chorwacja noclegi domki
Post your Build EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 am by Guest

» noclegi sopot tanie
Post your Build EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:58 pm by Guest

» domki solina kwatery
Post your Build EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:31 pm by Guest

» noclegi niedzica i okolice
Post your Build EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 pm by Guest

» wlochy apartamenty morze
Post your Build EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 pm by Guest

» radom noclegi tanie
Post your Build EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 pm by Guest

» leba noclegi blisko morza
Post your Build EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:46 pm by Guest

Post your Build

5 posters

Go down

Post your Build Empty Post your Build

Post  OInfernoO Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:39 am

well lets start the debate on our different builds... This is to help new peeps on how there char should be build, so they can learn from our different builds and see which one fits there style. Lets consider this as a sharing and let all our opinions be a lesson to all of us.

Since i posted this ill be first.

My character is a fist blademaster
Fist BMs are for pvp and not for pve/aoe(although they are capable of doing so) neither boss tanking(Still capable since high chance of stealing aggro from enemies.
What makes fist BM good is its speed, the ability to land blows faster than any other BM builds and higher chance of landing criticals coz the more u attack the higher the chance you'll land a crit but they have the weakest atk power which is a setback for fist, speed makes up for it at first but as you go on lvling speed cant make up for the low dmg it makes so how do u build a good fist BM? with dex? to land more criticals? with lots high strong upgraded skills? To instanly kill your opponent?

Having too much dex on a BM makes it weaker ,bms are not archers so having pure dex on them means weaker dmg even though there crit percent goes up it would be useless coz criticals depend on your total physical damage so no matter how often you make criticals its weak coz your base damage is too low.

Relying on skills is also a "NO" for fist bms, if your gonna rely on skills better off be an axe BM coz even if ur skill is maxed its still would not much the dmg of other BM builds and besides if you rely on skills alone you'll waste the key factor of a fist BM its speed, skills are quite useless to fist bms coz they take too long to cast ending up on reducing ur dmg output, use fast skills only on openings or at first like shadowlesskick, drawblood or stun, a few seconds of stun and added dmg from bleeding gives u a better start. Also save the strongest skill you have for a final blow where u think u can instantly kill him.

So here's my build for fist BM, i put a 3 str 2 dex build on my fist and every 5 lvls i give 3 to vit and 1 for dex and str. im only planning to have my vit to 50 and after that id stop putting stats on vit and more on str and dex, this build enables me to equip heavy armors, gives me a nice amount dmg and def and good percentage on crit,accuracy and evasion. But this build would not make fist BMs a killing machine having a fair amount of str is still no match to those of axes, sadly fist rely on physical atk rings and soulgems attached to their weapon, and refinement, its quite costly and fist are weak at their first stage of growth, so at 60 having good equips is a must, refining ur TT and putting the highest lvl of gems to it can make ur fist BM a killer a single attack may not be as high as that of an axe's single atk but if you'll add up all the attacks a fist can make it can outdmg the other BM builds. Good thing about a fist BM is dat upgrading your weapon makes it stronger and faster but sadly its costly coz of refining and stuff but if you can pull it off even a fully equipped and buff barb will only last seconds(exaggerating) on a fully equipped fist BM.(, actually the fight will most likely to last longer depending on barbs build, if barbs are built as tank only, they'll probably lose though would probably last an hour killing one lol)
Twisted Evil

Skills need for a Fist BM:

*Drawblood* its good to early max this one coz it helps stack up the dmg a fist can do, helps break charm in TW and deals quite a dmg on pure int wiz/mage/cleric (if they are light armor theyre a nuisance)
*Golden Bell* max this one, well no need to explain this one every BM loves this
*Roar of the Pride*(AoE stun) max this one too, we BMs love to massive stun everyone lol
*Diamond Sutra*Of course!
*Cloudsprint/Will of Bodhistava*have this max but no need for a hurry, cloudsprint is good for countering clerics slow skill and we fist would need the will of bodhistava.
*Aoelian blade* well i said fists dont rely on skills but this skill has stun, so have this maxed if you like stunning your opponent as for me, im not taking any chances lol even if its maxed its not a 100% success that you will stun you're opponent
*Oceans Edge* well this one is good coz it cast slow and does not cost a spark but only slows you by 60% though, again my build does not rely on skills but depending on your style of fighting you might be able to come of a way to use this skill, its all up to you
*Fist Mastery* nahh you dont need this lol ... I wonder who'ld be dumb enough not to max this one
*Vacuous palm* this skill has major setback it uses one spark, coz the first spark you get last 10 seconds dats like more than 8 amplified normal hits, meaning using the spark deals more dmg than this skill although the slow is really useful against runners
*Shadowless KIck*max this one out, coz this skill can cancel your opponents channeling. So this skill will be handy against magic types and BM stunners
*Cyclone heel*(AoE) Try to max this one coz this gives a speed boost and attack boost and that is good.
*Tigerleap/Leapback* you dont have to max this one but you must have it, its quite useful especially on pk/pvp, for chasing running mobs/players or retreating and stuff
*Alter Marrow phys/mag* this one is also good but you dont have to max it just lvl it the way you see it fit
*Drake sweep* its a good aoe, but its up to u if u want to max this one, but its good have this.
*Drakes Ray*Well this one will soon get in handy specially in TWs coz it is a ranged skill u can use this to kill peeps who try to run away from ya.. but u dont have to max thi one in the early stage
*Drake's Bash*Awesome skill, it gives Fire Dmg and deals quite a dmg... its good for instantly killing pure mag peeps when their HP is half way down or less or for dealing good dmg at start and let ur continuous flow of strike with fire dmg do the job.

One thing i also love being a fist BM is the capability of equipping a high lvl bow, having a bow at all times is a must for a fist BM(or so i think it is a must) it serves a lot of purpose, one for luring, for kiting for chasing running peeps and with the proper switching of equips , use of BM skills and the use of bows you'll make one hell of BM fist bow combo cool ryt??

Well these are most of my preferred skill some that i didnt include are useless and some are not yet tested or im not yet sure about them lol. I think this build is good but still its not perfect, so id like to hear some of your builds so that i can come up with better builds. Hope you guys learn a few from me... Peace out
Smile

Last edited by OInfernoO on Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 am; edited 5 times in total
OInfernoO
OInfernoO
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post your Build Empty MintJulip

Post  Hobocop Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:00 am

Wow, really nice one Inferno... I probably won't get that technical.

MintJulip is a Venomancer (duh), Her build is pretty boring and standard but I have had a lot of fun playing her.

.5 str every level
.5 vit every level
4 mag every level

that is the basic's of what I have been doing with her. Now, let me get this strait, I have not followed this exactly, there are times when I have added a bit more vit certain levels, and times when I've added more mag. The str and mag I stick to pretty accurately since I want to be able to equip my current level weapon.

I know a lot of people don't like vit in casting classes but I sure like a few extra hp's and I don't wanna spend all my cash on hp stones. I am going to cap her vit at 30 and see how I like it.

I find her to be fun and versatile and I have had absolutely no problems finding groups when I need them and of course solo grinding is easy.

I am considering switching her to light armor since rina looks so damn hot in her light armor, but I am going to wait till after 65 to see if I can solo TT60. Rumor has it a mage veno with a few hps can solo chien without any pets dieing, at 63 or so. I don't know this for sure, but i'm gonna give it a shot Smile If I can, you better believe I will be stockpiling mats for people to get their green glowing weapons !!

As far as skillz go, um, I don't know the names really...

Venomous scarab=max asap
ironwood scarab=max asap
soul transfusion=yes pls
fox form=max
fox wallop=lvl once
obscuring mist=max
amplify damage=max
purge=max
bramble guard=at your leisure, but, in order to get bramble hood you need to have it maxed by 59.
I like the spells that give hp and mana, I have those maxed.
i'll post more when I write the names down.....

Rina would be better at this !!!

pirat
Hobocop
Hobocop
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Number of posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post your Build Empty hehe

Post  OInfernoO Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:52 pm

... yeah i heard that veno can solo TT, dat be great coz im gonna be 60 before feb. so id need help hehehe awesome build hobo!
OInfernoO
OInfernoO
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post your Build Empty Re: Post your Build

Post  Rina Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:08 pm

itz not a rumor itz fact, i tried first with 65 and could do it even tho im dex build (ill go into the build thing later when i gots time)
Rina
Rina
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Number of posts : 155

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobocop Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:19 pm

OInfernoO wrote:... yeah i heard that veno can solo TT, dat be great coz im gonna be 60 before feb. so id need help hehehe awesome build hobo!

I'll be happy to run TT with you anytime Inferno !
Hobocop
Hobocop
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elyia Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm average height, 1.7 metres. A very slim build, [to the point where I have better hips then most girls]. Long piano fingers. I have very toned muscles and am very flexible [does it sound like I'm advertising myself?]. I put very little points in my sensory skills, and a lot on my quick uummm thinking thing... brain. Yes.

That's my build. lol.

Oh yes, I have chosen O- blood.
Elyia
Elyia
Weavers
Weavers

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2009-01-19

http://rhythms.roleplaylife.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobocop Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Hmm, enough about your character, what about you Ely?
Hobocop
Hobocop
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elyia Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:43 pm

I am 1.0 metres high. I have a beard that's whiter than clouds. I have a small pipe in my mouth. I wear a green button shirt with a red sleeping cap. I have tiny round glasses. And I like to stand on your lawn.
Elyia
Elyia
Weavers
Weavers

Back to top Go down

Post  Stealth Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Ohhhh Ely i know who you are...wait let me think...

...are you Elvis Presley?
Stealth
Stealth
Spoken Traveller
Spoken Traveller

Number of posts : 36

Back to top Go down

Post  Rina Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:50 pm

tom bombadil?
Rina
Rina
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elyia Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 pm

lol all perfectly acceptable but I'm a lawn gnome.
Elyia
Elyia
Weavers
Weavers

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobocop Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:57 pm

Elyia wrote:I am 1.0 metres high. I have a beard that's whiter than clouds. I have a small pipe in my mouth. I wear a green button shirt with a red sleeping cap. I have tiny round glasses. And I like to stand on your lawn.

Dad?
Hobocop
Hobocop
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elyia Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Peevus D. Crumb Jr.? It is you! now you can come back to the family and run the hobo mafia again.
Elyia
Elyia
Weavers
Weavers

Back to top Go down

Post  Rina Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:02 pm

wtf?! 00
Rina
Rina
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elyia Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:07 pm

=P oh and congrats Hobo on being well-versed.
Elyia
Elyia
Weavers
Weavers

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobocop Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:16 pm

Addicted to these damn forums now !! YOU PEOPLE ARE TOO DAMN COOL !!!
Hobocop
Hobocop
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elyia Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:39 pm

Ahah I know, we are cool, actually some of us aren't cool... unfortunately... some of us are hotter than the tamale sauce.

But you know that =P.
Elyia
Elyia
Weavers
Weavers

Back to top Go down

Post your Build Empty OMG!

Post  OInfernoO Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:04 am

... uhmmm i think im lost LOL what the hecks going on???
LOl i wonder where this would be heading lol...

... oww i know who you are! John Lennon!!! oh no hes dead so you got be paul macartney lol
OInfernoO
OInfernoO
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post your Build Empty teh candyz-compatible guide to dex veno

Post  Rina Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:43 am

time for a moderatorial action:
back to topic, here goes my build as promised earlier (before ely started his comments)

i play a light armor dex mage veno as main char, a rather anusual sight but not unheard of ... as opposed to dex barbs e.g. (no i didnt make that up, i heard such things exist)

= what it is =

the dex mage veno (ill refer simply as "dex veno" to it from now on) adds, unlike the much more common pure mage, points to her dex attribute in a considerable amount, thus changing the gaming experience slightly
it must be noted at this point that in adding to the dex attribute (valid for all classes) there r only 2 extremes - either not at all, or as much as u can. adding only a few points wont change anything (i mean it) and the points will be wasted

= pros and cons =

+ decent crit rate
+ good evasion
+ reduces the risk to draw aggro from pet
+ increased hp
+ increased phys def
+ stronger against melee opponents in pvp

- lower mag def
- lower base dmg
- lower pet heal
- not as strong against mages in pvp

= how to do it =

to equip current lvl LA (light armor) u need to add 1 str every lvl, that leaves 4 points to spend otherwise. vit is imho a waste on venos...it adds 10 hp per point which is neglectable unless u spam it ... thing is, a veno isnt supposed to get hit in the first place... that leaves mag and dex and thatz what we wanna focus on, being a dex mage (duh)
the best guide how to add points is my equip rly. i look at what weapon i wanna wear next, and add points accordingly to the weapons requirements. unfortunately magical weaps require a ton of mag to equip so i cant ad as much to dex as i would like ... actually to use current lvl mag weaps u need to add 3 points to mag every lvl, leaving 1 point to go into dex
so basically there we have it, 1 str, 1 dex, 3 mag, and u can always wear current lvl LA and mag weap
(while this sounds nice and clear in theory, it gives me quite a headache coz i decided to switch to LA only recently and my attributes r slightly messed due to that... basically my mag is too low any my dex too high, itll take me a few lvls to bend things right... but dont let that bother u if u still r undecided about ur build - if u go with the 1-1-3 from the start, everything will be fine)

= equipment =

i'd socket LA with sapphire shards to compensate for the reduced mag def; my weapon gets an aquamarine shard for extra wood dmg, coz that profits from Wood Mastery
ornament-wise i use necklaces and belts that give evasion, and mag atk rings with crit rate bonus (i also use an x-mas blessing and crit arrows)

= skills =

pve combo: noxious gas, ironwood scarab, 2x venomous scarab
simple and effective. noxious has relatively long channeling which is good because it gives the pet time to charge in and take aggro. ironwood is has the best dps of all veno skills and lowers the phys def of the target (30% at lvl 10, w00t!) and venomous ... well the other skills have cooltime, no? neh, honestly, venomous does rly good dpm (damg per mana), itz dirt cheap, casts pretty fast and still does decent dmg

pvp combo: lucky scarab, ironwood scarab, venomous scarab
while in pve lucky is a no-go (3x venomous do more dmg and cost less mp than 1x lucky) it is a gr8 opener in duells, casting fast and at lvl 10 giving a 95% chance to stun the target, and it also hurts quite a bit

those skills mentioned above r the most vital so max them asap
comments on a few other skilles used or not used by me:
Blazing Scarab - use on bosses or incr. life mobs. 30 sec dot is a waste anywhere else
Icy Scarab - hell no, costs a spark for a chance to slow down the target (which should be locked to the pet anyway)
Parasitic Nova - called by me "skull attack from hell", has an awesome animation, big aoe, hurts a lot and freezes+seals (effectively stuns) the targets with a 67% chance, but casts long and takes 2 sparks ... use it to buy u and ur pet time
Soul Transfer - possibly the strongest, and most versatile, veno skill
Metabolic Boost and Nature's Grace - the more useful the higher they get. combine with soul transfer and u need no mp pots in standard gaming
Bramble Guard - not very usefull for urself but barbs and BMs luv it, so be nice and max it for 60% dmg reflect
Bramble Hood - awesome pvp skill, requires 2 sparks - cast it during the countdown before the duell beginns =P
Wood Mastery - all wood dmg (i.e. all ur mage skills) increased by 20% on lvl 10? yes, please!
Amplify Damage and Purge - use them in bossfights (only), too much effort for standard fights, and takes too much time for pvp, no hurry in maxxing those

thatz about it, the other fox skills i got only for show, on lvl 1
cant say anything about skills for lvl 79 or above yet

= why i play what i play =

it simply feels right, lol
venos r said to be nimble and crafty and thatz what dex prepresents
venos r also said to be seductive and LA looks hawt xD
and i like crits and evasion hehe (ask lix about it)

- EDIT -

thx to a reset note, my build is no longer fucked up, itz a wonderful perfect 1-1-3 now, current statz @lvl 77: vit 3, mag 233, str 81, dex 83
and it works fabulously

- EDIT -

light armor venos r no longer an uncommon sight, it appears like ppl start to realize how cool it is. duh.
also, with improved phys atk thx to LA, the fox skills r no longer as useless and i switch to foxform occasionally when a monster closes in

Last edited by Rina on Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
Rina
Rina
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Elyia Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:55 am

Ah =P yes what originally we were talking about, as Rina has said before she has a long looong explanation for what type of build she has. Mine aswell is a long one. I don't even think there's a catagory for what I am...

See that's how messed up my stats are now, so lets call me, a ninja... Why? You'll see...

This is my stats for level 74

Vitality: 33
Magic: 22
Strength: 105
Dexterity: 225

You can see something's wrong here.

So it'd be for me for every level

1.5 in Strength
2 in Dexterity
the rest what ever I feel like.... should have been more in strength and vitality but that's just me.

I deal massive damage, and the reason for my strength is simple, I use claws. They're fast, powerful and do more damage up close than a bow [since a bow loses half it's damage at close range and fires at around 1 shot every 1.5 seconds as opposed to claws where it's 1.5 hits every second.]

I have a high critical rate, so I score a lot of criticals with my claws and that helps even things out. Again, I know of no archer who does this.

This build is so different that I can't say for sure how well it does in duels. Against wizards, and clerics who get up close because they know about the half damage, more to you for using the claws. No one expects it.

Against blades, barbs, your strength will aid you a bit in defense, but not enough. But your able to use 2 weapons, a long range and close, so simply just use the long range and blow them till kingdom comes.

Against other archers. Very good. Archers vs archers, I don't like the long range, I like to get up and personal with them. Not only do archers have a harder time hitting one another, their damage halves and they attack slow. A true bonus for you if you get up close and ninja their elven bums. If they run, don't chase them, just switch to your bow and fire away.

So really, it's something rare in PW, an archer like that. But as always there are bonuses to this and downfalls against mobs. Magic mobs, if your very very subsceptable to them, you can get upclose if your physical defense is higher. Against physical mobs is a bonus, you attack from a long range, and as they come towards you, keep attack and then switch weapons. You'll kill the mob faster and you don't have to kite all the time.
Elyia
Elyia
Weavers
Weavers

Back to top Go down

Post  Rina Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:46 am

u forgot to mention how u get PWNED by venos...
Rina
Rina
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post your Build Empty Awesome!

Post  OInfernoO Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:37 pm

lol your almost like a fist build ely although not on stats but on tactic.. at 60 id be also Carrying bows, its useful for every encounter like when boss fighting if a fist BM keeps on attacking a boss sooner or later it will steal aggro coz of all dmg it will deal so its best to start first with a bow while waiting for tank to make most of the dmg on boss, since we have dex we deal nice amount of dmg thus would help rather than just standing and waiting for boss to go down to 50%.
Also useful in pvp for against mages, ( this is how i plan to fight mages) When they start to cast their skills, stun them to stop it, use oceans edge or Vacuous palm to slow them down if they try to run , ely said dont chase them use bow and start shooting when mages stop to cast another, tiger leap and use shadowless kick to negate the casting again just continue the routine the mage will be dead soon enough.. (But still depends on how and what the mages use, there are skils that have no channeling ryt??
And yeah... theres major set back for archers when your up and personal on them thats awesome you thought of using claws when trying to pvp ull probably pawn archers but you'll probably have a hard tym dealing with barbs and BM, archers dont have dat much str even if deal crit it wont be dat strong as dat of your bow since claws are dependant on str while bows are on dex.
And ive also heard about dat dex barb if theres one, fist bms would be in danger lol! but probably most of high lvl barbs arent i think not unless theyve used reset stone or whatever
A Light armor builds are good would be useful coz it will prevent you from being one hit killed by archers in TW!! and if our clerics are light armor built that would be awesome!!!
OInfernoO
OInfernoO
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hobocop Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:12 am

Hello, I have recently (yesterday) restated MintJulip (63 veno) to a light armor build from a pure mage build. I was asked to post the new build and reasoning behind the sudden change.

First off the change is not that sudden for me, I have been thinking about it for a while and have read up on things pretty extensively.

Here goes.

MintJulips stats naked as she stands are: str 67, dex 68, vit 4, mag 191.

Why switch? Here is my reasoning.

As I looked through the venomancer skillz I noticed a massive chunk of skills that I was not using for a the simple reason that I was so focused on being a caster that I was a lousy melee dpser. I was, except for a few exceptions, totally missing out on the versatility of the fox form skill line. It occurred to me that the fox form skill line is twice as big as the mage form line, a whole other side of the character to explore.

When it comes to mage skills I have recently begun doing too much damage per shot with my skills. I recently had a crit on a lvl 64 mob that was over 11k. That will get me in trouble. Even with my magmite at lvl 4 bash I pull agro with hits like that. I also don't want to run the risk of pulling agro off of tanks at higher level's, this does nobody any good, all it does is waste cleric mana and risk getting the whole group wiped.

I have come to realize how utilitarian the venomancer class can be, light armor allows me more versatility, the higher pdef is very very welcome and I will socket with magic shards for increased mdef. I am also considering carrying a robes around with me for those rare times when I am needed to mage tank.

And, what self respecting Venomancer would walk around with a LONG SKIRT !!!!??? It will be nice to see my legs again What a Face

So, summary, Looks, versatility, I think it's how the class was meant to be built, and there aren't all that many doing it that way. Oh, the dex currently gives me a 5% crit rate, up from 2%. If i get the nerve to equip the arrow it will be 6%. I look at crits like getting a free spell off. Gives me something different to work with, a new style of play. I am looking forward to incorporating fox form into my arsenal, It should make for a very dangerous Minty.

On a side note, I have yet to actually play as a LA veno, so, the proof will be in the pudding.

Hobocop

Edit: I played my first day as a LA veno yesterday and here are my thoughts thus.

I have noticed a very small decrease in my damage output, I still kill just as fast, and even with less mana I have no problems with constant grinding.

I critical noticeably more, but, with the bit less damage I do a crit does not pull agro as readily (even from my wolf).

Even with melee mastery not maxed I crit in fox form for over 1500 and the dps is pretty sick, on a side note, I don't get hit in fox form and I also haven't drawn agro from my pets. I am going to work on fox form more, the spells are fascinating.

I do however notice the lower hp's I now have and the lower mdef. For me that is a bit of a down side, but, I have not finished putting shards in my armor AND some of my armor has missing mdef (this has always been a steadfast rule of mine to never use a piece of armor with a missing mdef stat). I will rectify this shortly.

All in all, I love the change, I love the look, and I love the new play style.

Hobo

Last edited by Hobocop on Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobocop
Hobocop
The Entertainer
The Entertainer

Back to top Go down

Post your Build Empty The EBB

Post  Elyia Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:48 am

I now recognize and create [though some have tried and has not achieve my level] a new type of Archerism.

The EBB, Elven's of Blade and Bow.

Basically, it's a physical tank archer, with pure dexterity and strength. Low physical damage, if you get hit that is.

Here's the break down on why I have achieved something technically impossible [I'm being arrogant and boastful for my dear Rina who says I'm too humble].

To wear heavy armour at the proper level, you need 3 strength to go into your strength every level. But to use a bow at the proper level you need 3 dexterity every level added in.

The problem? You only get 5 stat points every level, and here you require 6. But of course many archers have tried this, and done 2 strength, 3 dexterity and could only wear armour 2 levels below them. However! I manage to wear armour my level.

Here's my naked build.

Vitality: 3
Magic: 3
Strength: 185
Dexterity: 208

Ahem, now that's not enough for my bow's need, or my heavy armour's need so this is what my build is now.

Vitality: 9 [not important]
Magic: 5 [not important]
Strength: 192 [important]
Dexterity: 223 [important]

So you ask, what happened? and if your clever and think just a bit, I have bonuses from my equipments. But the bonuses I wouldn't want to come from my leggings, armour, wrist, boots or weapon. No, I want those bonuses to come from my rings, belt, necklace, and hat. That way when I switch in between equipments, I wont be insufficient to wear anything.

So what is the bonus of being an EBB?

High physical defense, and has the ability to use close ranged weapons. Is that useful? Yes.

I haven't quite learn the limitations of an EBB yet, nor am I able to use to properly, but it is an excellent tank. I could almost tank what ever a Blade Master can tank my level. The only difference is HP.

Fighting physical mobs is a pain if your an Archer, they get up close and they make your bow damage get halved. So as an EBB, your heavy armour reduces a lot of this damage, and you can use swords (single or dual), blades (single or dual), fists, claws, poles, etc etc... The point being is that you'll do the damage you usually do with a bow, but up close. But this time, if you attacked the monster with a bow, you substantially took out a chunk of it's life, so killing it with a close range weapon is merely a finisher.

Against magic mobs? Stick to light armour, and your bow. And play like you were a regular Archer.

On PVP.

You are a Blademaster, Barbarian, Archer's, Wizard's, Cleric's worst nightmare. To begin with Archers take down wizards and clerics at a very fast rate, or be taken down. Stunning them spell casters, then just pumping in regular shots are usually enough to take them down. So there is no need to go heavy armour, your magical defense will just go down. But you may however encounter a few cleric or wizard who always sticks close to you, knowing your bow will half in damage. So that's when you bring out the melee weapon and surprise them [after stunning them of course].

Against blades and barbarians, the usually cast your lightning and thunder spells, stun etc etc is undesirable to them. They have a low magic defense but high physical. Usually they would rush up to you stun you, try to hit you and if your evasion isn't that good, they'll take out a good chunk. Then they'll stun you again. And repeat, you'll most likely die since you haven't done anything yet.

What to do? Heavy armour you moron. Duh.

Not only will they much lower damage, but if you cast a winged shield too, they would only do damages in the range of 20-40 [level 75-80 duel]. But if you cast a wings of grace, your fully immune to all stuns for 15 seconds, and reduce damages by 30%. During that time, you can cast magic on them, stun them yourself, poison, or just use a melee weapon. Don't bother to run, because it just wastes precious time you have. If they run, don't chase them, calmly reequip your bow, and cast a freeze, or one of your two stuns.

What about venomancers you say?

What you'd still get destroyed anyways. They can stun you, even if you stun the, they can have a pet still attack you. If you have heavy armour on, the pet would do less damage, but then the venomancer would kill you instantly with her magic. So your screwed anyways if it's a venomancer. Just try to stun her, shield, and hope that you don't miss. Oh yes she would also use soul transfusion so that makes it even more difficult, along with two types of healing that are instantaneous.

What about the close range skills [like wingspan or winged pledge] of an archer?

Bulls, they cost mana, and though they do a decent amount of damage, you wouldn't need it unless you were being mobbed. Besides you could do more damage with it using a melee weapon.

This is all I can say so far about the EBB, I know that there are archers who tried to do this, but that doesn't mean they succeeded. Is it a good build? I doubt it, but is it fun to play? Probably.

With Lag
~ Ely
Elyia
Elyia
Weavers
Weavers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content