Rhythm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Music Maker
Gallery

Of Genies and Men Empty
Latest topics
» ilawa hotele
Of Genies and Men EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 8:55 pm by Guest

» pokoje lwów
Of Genies and Men EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 12:07 am by Guest

» chorwacja noclegi domki
Of Genies and Men EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 1:10 am by Guest

» noclegi sopot tanie
Of Genies and Men EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:58 pm by Guest

» domki solina kwatery
Of Genies and Men EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 7:31 pm by Guest

» noclegi niedzica i okolice
Of Genies and Men EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 pm by Guest

» wlochy apartamenty morze
Of Genies and Men EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 pm by Guest

» radom noclegi tanie
Of Genies and Men EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 10:53 pm by Guest

» leba noclegi blisko morza
Of Genies and Men EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:46 pm by Guest

Of Genies and Men

Go down

Of Genies and Men Empty Of Genies and Men

Post  Xoria Fri May 15, 2009 11:44 pm

So, genies are finally released into the world. You gleefully gets yours from some person with some creepy "beam me up, Scotty" light coming from God- knows- where and let with quite a lot more questions about your new little allies than there are answers in the game. So here's a little something to clear up some of the lapses of information.

FIRST OFF: ANY genie can learn ANY skill.

Genies and their Stats

Genie stats have their own definitions for what they do than a player's stats. Do NOT ever think they are the same as your own or you'll be left with a pretty pathetic genie. Here's the break down of what each stat controls for a genie. Stat points do not need to be used; they can remain unused for as long as you want.

Strength: Governs the damage your genie does. If you're planning on using skills that require damage, you'll need to spend points here. Most of the time, 1 strength adds 1% to damage dealt.

Vitality: Determines how much Energy your genie has. Energy is what allows you to cast skills along with Stamina. Every 1 point of Vitality adds 1 point to maximum energy. Every genie may need a couple points in this category.

Dexterity: Controls status effects range, success and duration. If you're making a support genie, this is what you want to spend your points into. How much Dexterity effects any given skill depends on the skill itself.

Magic: Effects how quickly a genie recovers after casting a spell. Also, even 40 points gives your genie another skill slot. Each point gives your genie .02 recovery rate; 50 grants it 1.

Lucky Points: Every genie gains 1 stat point each level, but every 10 levels, they gain "lucky points." These are just bonus stat points and are random at every 10 levels, and range from 1-10 given out. For example; a genie could get 7 points at level 10, but then at level 20, only get 1 point. Lucky points are added straight to your pool of excess points.

Affinity and Skills

These are points you spend into an element. Each skill requires varying amount of affinity for a genie to learn it. Consult the skill list and find what skills tickle your fancy and keep track of them. Jotting down what ones meet your needs or wants and writing their affinities will help you see what your genie needs to be able to access them.

Genies and their Natural Gifts

Infliction

Adept of Strength; Lacks Vitality
Starting Skill:
Venom Stinger
range 25 meters
energy 80
stamina 200
instant
cooldown 15 seconds
all classes
decreases move speed by 22% for 5 seconds and increases your movement speed by 22% for 5 seconds. every 4 genie levels, the energy cost is reduced by 1
every 20 dex increases duration by 1 second

Zeal

Adept of Magic; Lacks Dexterity
Starting Skill:
Earthflame
Energy 100
Stamina 200
Instant
Cooldown 10 seconds
All class
Calls a pillar of flame to scorch the target for 5 seconds. Reduces the target's attack and defence by 4%, and increases the target's move speed by 3%.
Every 5 genie levels, the energy cost is reduced by 1.
Every 40 genie dex points increases the duration by 1.

Longevity

Adept of Dexterity; Lacks Magic
Starting Skill:
Eruption Fist
Energy 100
Stamina 200
Instant
Cooldown 12 seconds
All classes
Reduces magic resistance to all elements by 30% for 4 seconds. Has a 10% chance to remove ONE BUFF from the target. Every 5 genie levels reduces energy cost by 1 point

Discipline

Adept of Vitality; Lacks Strength
Starting skill:
Wind Force
Energy 90
Stamina 150
Instant
Cooldown 15 seconds
Increases flight speed by 50% for 4.5 seconds.
Every 2 genies levels decreases Energy cost by 1 point
every 10 dex increases speed increase by 1%
every 40 dex increases the duration by 1 second
only usable in the air

A SakuraJD and Xoria collaboration~
Xoria
Xoria
Well-Versed
Well-Versed

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Of Genies and Men Empty Re: Of Genies and Men

Post  Xoria Fri May 15, 2009 11:45 pm

Here's a post by the GM Kantorek. Before you go off buying skills, read this.

Hi folks! It's your friendly neighborhood Tiger here.

The new Age of Spirits Expansion brought us new Genies, and also new skills. With the amount of skills available there are bound to be some issues that slip through. If you happen to come across a bug with one of the skills, please post it here in this format:

Name of skill
Current Description of Skill
Actual Effect

Sound good? And here we go!

------------------------------------
Air Strand
Current: Stuns the target and yourself. Every genie point increases the chance of silencing the target.
Actual: You and the target are immobilized, not stunned. The silence chance increases with every ten points, not with every point.
We will fix the description text in a future patch.

Blood Clot
Current: Stops bleeding and makes you immune to bleed effects for X seconds.
Actual: The description is a bit misleading. This skill gives you a buff that prevents bleed effects. It does not stop any current bleed effects on your character at the time of cast.

Blue Fire
Current: This skill appears in the Skill Inquiry window, but cannot be learned.
Actual: This skill does not actually exist; its position in the skill tree should be filled by Oxygen Bubble.
We will update the Skill Inquiry window in a future patch.

Faith
Current: Gain immunity to all status effects for a short period of time.
Actual: The Learn Skill window and the Skill inquiry window are inconsistent. This skill has a 10% per rank success rate and is not guaranteed until rank 10.

Healing
Current: Replenishes your HP. Has a 80% chance to stop bleed effects.
Actual: This skill only stops bleed effects. Has no healing properties.

Life Drain
Current: Drains health from all targets within 15 meters. Causes 1154.4 Water damage and heals you for 5% of your Max HP. Causes Triple damage to targets in water.
Actual: Causes the correct HP heal but the base damage is incorrect.
We are looking into getting a fix or clarification.

Oxygen Bubble
Current: The buff icon says it makes you immune to fire.
Actual: The skill makes you immune to water.

Rainbow Blessing
Current: Randomly increases targets physical attack, magic attack, critical hit rate or the channeling time. Required Race: Winged Elf
Actual: The Learn Skill window and the Skill inquiry window are inconsistent. This skill is for Clerics only.

Reflective Aura
Current: Reflects all damage from other players back at the caster for 4 seconds
Actual: No effect.
We are looking into getting a fix or clarification.

I will update the post as any more issues are found/fixed. Please remember, this thread is for legitimate bugs/issues ONLY. Any complaints that skill X is overpowered, skill Y is underpowered, or "Genies r teh suk" will be deleted.

As always, we here at Perfect World Entertainment appreciate and thank each and everyone one of you for your continued support in helping us make PWI the great game that it is!
Xoria
Xoria
Well-Versed
Well-Versed

Back to top Go down

Post  Xoria Fri May 15, 2009 11:48 pm

Jade~Rayne wrote:So I have had a lot of people asking me for help on how to level and spent affinity points with their genies. I never mind helping out but I thought maybe with a step by step picture guide here, I may be able to help out people when i am not online as well.

Step one: Breathe it is going to be ok!

Step two: Laugh and move on to my images. (Don't really care what you laugh at but it seems to help relieve stress. So why not laughter at the thought of Pop-tart wearing one of my dresses..LOL)

Ok here we go(if you still have questions please post them)

Upon finishing the quests that you get when you get your genie you will have a genie (randomly given) and maybe a few cubes of enlightenment. The cubes are like a credit/debit card for you genie. Instead of money it holds experience.

Equip your genie in its slot the same way you equip all your other equipment. (That was easy enough) After equipping your genie your screen should look like this:
Of Genies and Men Number10

Ok next we are going to right click on the picture of your genie and a menu, should open up and now your screen has transformed to look like this:
Of Genies and Men Number11

There are several interesting and important things in this menu. The upper section(1) has your basic battle stats. The next section(2) is your genies attributes. Each one has different effects. Just hover over them to read what each one does before spending your points to raise anything. Section 3, is where you will use any equipment you have for your genie.( I do not have equipment for my genie, but I would assume that it equips the same way as your own armor) The last section (4) is the one you will be using than any other, most likely. (We will go into each of the three buttons of section 4 in just a moment.) Finally section 5 is your experience bar. This tells you have much exp you have and what you need to level your genie.
Of Genies and Men Number12

So far I have been ridiculously throughout but I want to be sure anyone and everyone can get the information they need.

Lets explore the first button in section 4 first, affinity. This well open up a new menu that you will use to assign points to the element of your choice. Which points you place where will be determined by what spells you wish your genie to know.
Of Genies and Men Number13

Within this menu you can open up the lists of spells that a genie can learn. (Word of warning, when deciding on a spell you want your genie to learn be sure that you fulfill all the requirements for the spell. Including the proper placement of affinity points plus some spells are class specific. Just hover over a spell you are interested in to see what the requirements are for that particular spell.) In order to access the skills click on the skill inquiry button. Upon clicking this button here is an example of what you will see:
Of Genies and Men Number14

Now lets close out those two menus and go back to the first one, and click the trade state button. This will open up a new menu that allows you to change the trade status of your genie. It is pretty self explanatory but here is a pic just in case:
Of Genies and Men Number15

Close out that wonderful and simple menu to open up the one you will be using more than any other, in my opinion. I will attempt to make this short and sweet but I guarantee nothing. (To all those who are getting irate about the length of this post...Razz I have had to do this with several people online and some of them I had to go slower than this!)

On the first menu in section 4 there is a button called EXP infuse. Lets click on it to get to the experience menu. In this menu you are going to learn how to and actually infuse your genie with experience points. (Time to use that enlightening cube/credit card...LOL)
Of Genies and Men Number16

For ease of explanation this menu has been divided into 4 sections. In section 1 you will see three options(Infuse with exp, enlightening cube, or spirit). In section 2 there is a little box this is where you will put your enlightening cube. Section 3 it a temporary experience bar. This bar will fill up while you are infuse your genie experience points. The few things that are going to be most important at first in section 4 is the level up button, infuse button, and the done button. Here is my screenie for this part of the explanation:
Of Genies and Men Number17

If you want to share your exp with your genie select the Infuse with EXP option. If you want to use the Cube, click and drag the cube into the little box provided and click Infuse with EXP Cubes. Finally if you want to use your spirit to give your genie exp, click the Infuse with Spirit option. After selecting the option of your choice, you can now begin the process of giving you genie exp. There are two ways to do this...

First:
You can click the Level up button. By clicking this button the program with automattically take the amount of exp needed to level and level up your genie.

Second:
If you want to control how much exp you give your genie then you must click the infuse button instead of the level up button. Click and hold the infuse button until you have infused your genie with the amount of exp you want to give him/her/it.

Now click the done button. You are now finished. Not so hard right?

Note: To buy spells you must go to the person who you got the genie from the first time. Be warned before infusing your genie with all your spirit points, understand that in-order to buy spells for you genie; you are going to need spirit and money. It is just like when you buy your own spells and skills. Also you can only hold so many spells at one time. I am not sure what determines how many spells your genie can have, so be careful and buy the one you really want first.

That is all for this tutorial. There is still lots more to know about the genies but this should give everyone the basic knowledge that they need to know in-order to level or trade their genie. If I missed something let me know. Thanks everyone for being so patient with me.

See ya in game,
Xoria
Xoria
Well-Versed
Well-Versed

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down